Submit a Composition
Each year BARS accepts submissions for pieces to be considered in our programming. We do not generally commission works. The following guidelines should be followed:
- Works must be written solely by you
- Works must be scored for symphony orchestra (see details bellow) and must not exceed 12 minutes
- Works must be complete (unfinished works will not be considered)
Two copies of each completed score (no individual parts) should be submitted with:
- a cover letter containing your name, contact information (postal address, telephone number, and email address), title of the work being submitted, date the composition was written (completed), and a short description of why your work relates to BARS mission and values
- a short statement with information about if the work has been performed or recorded before, or if it received an award
- a short program note about your piece (no more than 100 words)
- your CV, specifically highlighting your compositions and their performances, and any other awards or recognitions
- an audio recording (CD preferred) of your piece if possible
Submission are continually accepted; the deadline for submitting completed scores and accompanying materials for consideration for the following season is September 1st. The piece(s) chosen for performance will be selected by March 1st by a panel. Please send material to:
Bay Area Rainbow Symphony
Attn: Daniel Canosa, Artistic Director
2261 Market Street #178A
San Francisco, CA 94114
3332-4331, tmp+3 perc, piano, strings.
Piccolo, English horn and Bass clarinet are also available.
For further information, please contact ad [at] bars-sf [dot] org.